The CELLSEARCH® System—Explore Our Platform
The CELLSEARCH® Circulating Tumor Cell Test is the first and only clinically validated, FDA-cleared system for identification, isolation, and enumeration of circulating tumor cells
Clinical studies have demonstrated that the number of CTCs correlates to disease prognosis and can provide an important marker for assessing patients’ status throughout the course of disease.1-3 However, even in patients with advanced cancer, CTCs are rare in the blood, estimated at 1 per billion of normal blood cells.4 Thus, developing a reliable method for capturing and enumerating CTCs has presented a major challenge.4
The CELLSEARCH® System is the result of 15 years of research and technical innovation that led to the first standardized, FDA-cleared semi-automated system that detects and enumerates CTCs of epithelial origin (CD45-, EpCAM+, and cytokeratins 8, 18+, and/or 19+) from a 7.5-mL blood sample with a high level of sensitivity and specificity.5
The CELLSEARCH® System uses unique immunomagnetic and fluorescence imaging technology to provide rapid, precise, and reproducible analysis of CTCs with a simple 3-step process: sample collection, sample preparation, and sample analysis.
System components include:
- Proprietary CellSave Preservative Tubes
- CELLSEARCH® CTC Test and CELLSEARCH® Circulating Tumor Cell Control Kit
- Automated CELLTRACKS® AUTOPREP® System
- CELLTRACKS ANALYZER II® System
For information about obtaining a CELLSEARCH® System for your institution, call
1-877-837-4339 and press option 2.
- Cristofanilli M, Hayes DF, Budd GT, et al. J Clin Oncol. 2005;23(7):1420-1430.
- de Bono JS, Scher HI, Montgomery RB, et al. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14(19):6302-6309.
- Cohen SJ, Punt CJA, Iannotti N, et al. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26(19):3213-3221.
- Yu M, Stott S, Toner M, Maheswaran S, Haber DA. J Cell Biol. 2011;192(3):373-382.
- CELLSEARCH® Circulating Tumor Cell Kit (Epithelial) Instructions for Use. Janssen Diagnostics, LLC.