Last Modified: September 9, 2019
DATA CONTROLLER, REPRESENTATIVE IN THE EU AND DPO CONTACTS
In compliance with Regulation EU 2016/679, we inform you that the Controller is Menarini Silicon Biosystem Inc., with offices at 3401, Masons Mill Road, Suite 100, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006.
The Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) can be contacted at: email@example.com.
Nominated European Representative is A. Menarini Industrie Farmaceutiche Riunite S.r.l,, with registered office in Firenze, Via sette santi,1.
Information You Provide
Some areas of the Site may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from the specified features or to participate in a particular activity. If you register or request more information, you may be required to provide your name, email address, and country of origin. You are not required to provide any other information you may be requested to provide on our Site.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate around the Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information), using various technologies. We and our third-party service providers passively collect and use information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser:Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Site through a mobile device.
- IP Address:Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
- Device Information:We may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identifier.
How We Use and Disclose Information
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection.
We also use information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail alerts; in these cases, the processing is grounded on your consent;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; in these cases, the processing of your data is grounded on your consent;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Site; in these cases, the processing is based on the company’s legitimate interest to maximize the effectiveness of its business activities.
We also disclose information collected through the Site:
- Employees, in particular technical and administrative staff, IT staff, product managers, internal audit and compliance, and all other employees that need to access your data in the performance of their job duties;
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail and direct mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; and
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, we use and disclose information collected through the Site as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) as permitted by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We may also use and disclose information collected through the Site in other ways, with your consent. In these cases, the processing is grounded on compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject or on the need to protect our rights.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Under the Regulation EU 2016/679 you may at any time the right to obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data which relate to you, check its content, origin, correctness, location, request a copy, request correction and in cases provided by law, restriction of processing, deletion, oppose to direct contact activities (also limited to particular means of communication). Likewise, you may always withdraw consent and/or make observations on specific issues regarding processing operations of your personal data which you regard as incorrect or unjustified by your relationship with the Company, or lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
You may contact the Controller at the addresses displayed above to make any requests regarding personal data processing by the Company, to exercise your legal rights and to obtain an updated list of the parties who have access to your data.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. Because we do not share information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, we do not provide any means for requesting this information.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
How you can access, change, or delete your personal information
If you would like to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via the Site, please contact us at (800) 381-4929 or send a written request to Menarini Silicon Biosystems, Inc., 3401, Masons Mill Road, Suite 100, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Site or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, where we are based, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide sensitive information, we will do so with your express consent.